Whether it’s your first vape or you’re an experienced cloud chucker, you need to know how to clean a vape the right way. This not only helps you have a better experience, but it can also help you keep your vape working better longer. This basic maintenance doesn’t have to take all day or be overly involved. In fact, you might forego a full cleaning in favor or a simple rinse, but at some point, it will be time to take it all down and get it as close to pristine as you can. We’re going to take a look at the process that works on most vapes, but you should always follow your manufacturer’s recommendations and guidelines, whether you want to know how to clean a Juul pod or a Mi-Pod.
Why You Must Clean Your Vape
Everyone has that one friend that swears he knows how to clean a vape but never does. He’s the one with the clouds that taste like this week’s vanilla custard mixed with last week’s pineapple—and maybe a bit of mint from who knows when? Don’t be that guy.
The best-case scenario if you aren’t cleaning your vape is that you’re getting constant flavor transfer as you change e-liquids. You could also be missing out on warning signs for issues that could potentially lead to vape damages. If that damage is bad enough and joined by the wrong series of events, you could end up with a catastrophic vape failure. Learning how to clean a vape (and doing so regularly) will give you an early heads-up about any issues before they become a problem.
When To Clean Your Vape
Luckily, you don’t have to fully clean your vape all that often. It’s a good idea to rinse the tank between flavors, and you can definitely do a coil replacement at that point for a truly fresh taste, but in regards to how to clean a Juul pod (for example), many vapers choose to keep their change simple, only breaking the vape down for a deep cleaning every couple of months. If you feel like you need to do so more often, you absolutely can, as it doesn’t harm or reduce the service life of your vape as long as you follow the steps properly and your manufacturer’s guidelines.
A Simple Cleaning For Flavor Changes
If you just want to make sure you’re not getting flavor contamination from your tank, then a simple cleaning is in order. This will help remove remaining residue and can be accomplished in a short amount of time. It also gives you a chance to inspect your tank’s components for any signs of wear or damage.
- Start with clean, warm water. If you’re in an area with heavy mineral deposits, consider using warm distilled water from your local grocery store.
- Turn your vape off.
- Remove your tanks and dispose of any remaining liquid. You should never let your tank run dry prior to cleaning, as you could end up damaging your coil or wicking if it gets too dry.
- Disassemble your tank completely and place the components into the water.
- Using a bottle brush or pipe cleaners, scrub each component gently until clean, changing the water if you feel it becomes too dirty.
- Dry each component once you’re done with a clean paper towel, then let it air dry for 15-20 minutes before reassembling your tank.
- Put everything back together and enjoy a new, untainted flavor.
How To Clean A Vape Thoroughly
Periodically, you’ll want to give your vape tank a deeper cleaning. This will help remove any build-up or deposits. At the same time, you can give your coils a little extra attention to make sure you’re not heading for a coil replacement prematurely.
- Start with a bowl of isopropyl alcohol or high-proof, unflavored vodka.
- Remove your tank, disposing of any remaining liquid.
- Completely disassemble your tank and place the components into the vodka to soak.
- With the tank removed and the vape off, take time to inspect your coils, looking for any signs of damage:
- Dark spots
- Obvious wear
- Look for any sign of leakage from the tank, using a cotton swab dipped in the alcohol to clean areas that need attention.
- Returning to the bowl of alcohol, gently clean all components.
- Rinse each with warm water once clean, dry with a paper towel, then set them aside to air dry for 20 minutes.
- Carefully reassemble your vape, replacing your coil if necessary.
When Your Coil Has Got To Go
Even if you regularly clean your vape, your coil will eventually need replacing. Maybe you caught some damage while following the steps for how to clean a vape thoroughly, or you may just be getting a consistent burnt taste that won’t go away. Whatever the reason, when you need a replacement, the process is pretty straight forward.
- Turn your vape off.
- Discard unused e-liquid from your tank.
- Remove your tank and set it aside. If you feel that it’s time to clean it, do so by following the steps above.
- Unscrew or remove the coil per manufacturer’s directions.
- Any contacts that need cleaning can be cleaned using a cotton swab moistened with isopropyl or high-proof alcohol.
- Replace with a new coil and wicking.
- Reattach your tank, and you’re back in business.
Keep Your Supplies Stocked
With a little care and attention to detail, you can extend the life of your equipment and get a better vaping experience by following the steps on how to clean a vape. We’re proud to carry the vape parts and accessories you need to keep the clouds flowing. If you have any questions about our products, contact our customer care department for additional information. Order your vaping gear and supplies online from Elevated Vaping today.