Clone vape mods are a hot topic among vapers. After all, they promise all the bells and whistles of the real deal, but with a much lower price tag. That’s enough to lure plenty of unwary vapers into choosing a clone as their gear of choice. Unfortunately, the old adage, “You get what you pay for,” holds true, and many vapers have found themselves regretting choosing a clone vape.
What Clones Are
If you haven’t heard the term before, “clone vape mods” refer to mods that are meant to look like name-brand devices, but they are really cheap knock offs. They’re the vaping equivalent of the counterfeit name-brand apparel sold out of trunks and from folding card tables in every major city. While it is entirely possible you will get a piece of merchandise that’s all right, it probably does not live up to the reputation of the original and comes with a whole slew of problems that you really don’t want to get involved with.
How Clones Come To Be
Clone vape mods often come with a fantastic story meant to justify their existence. The original designer didn’t pay a contractor for their pieces, so the contractor is selling them to recoup losses. The original designer wasn’t paid by their company, so they started producing clones on their own. Sometimes they’re sold as a lucky warehouse find purchased at auction. These are, almost universally, untrue.
The real reason for clone vape mods is that times are tough and people will pay for cheap goods that look like they could be the real thing. Unfortunately, that can be dangerous.
Why Clones Are So Cheap
There are several reasons why knock-offs are available at prices so much lower than the original.
- No branding - Clones don’t need a marketing budget, endorsements, or reputation management. The real thing does all of that for them as long as the clones look real.
- No quality control - If there’s a problem with the real thing, the company and distributor often stand behind the product. If your clone is a dud, the business that sold it to you has already packed up, cashed out, and moved on.
- Cheaper materials - Clone vape mods only need to last long enough for your payment to clear. As a result, electronic components are switched out for lesser alternatives, metal is exchanged for plastic, and batteries are often smaller than in the authentic devices.
- Cheaper manufacturing - Made in China? Prison labor? Child labor? Disreputable manufacturers will use whatever’s cheapest to maximize profit.
- Cheaper design - Safety features cost money but leaving them off doesn’t.
Many of these “cost-cutting” aerations are dressed up as optimizations or design improvements. The truth is they’re just leaving you with a substandard vape that looks cosmetically similar to some of the authentic devices on the market.
Why Clones Should Be Avoided
When combined, these factors create several harmful or unsafe situations that directly affect vapers.
Clones cost the real innovators money - Manufacturers of clone vape mods don’t care about R&D, creating better vapes, or giving back to their customers. They care about profit, and that profit comes at the expense of legitimate manufacturers and distributors who are trying to help you get a great vaping experience.
- They usually aren’t worth the money - When you go cheap on parts and craftsmanship, you can’t expect a quality piece of technology. Sure, sometimes people end up with a clone that’s good enough for a while, but performance or durability almost always suffers, leading to a need for a replacement sooner.
- They can be incredibly dangerous - Another problem you run into with cheaper materials and design is that the devices are more prone to catastrophic failure. Either because safety features found in the real deal are eliminated or the wrong components are used, clone vape mods can overheat or short out, leading to shocks, sparking, fires, and even explosions. If you choose a clone, you’re potentially choosing to hold a timebomb in your hand, put it next to your face, or place it in your pocket next to your body.
- They cost more in the long run - Even if you get a clone that doesn’t have a disastrous meltdown or early failure, it is most likely not as efficient as the real thing would have been. That means more charging or more e-liquid, often without getting the premium experience you were after. When saving money costs you more money, it isn’t a bargain.
Why Buying Clones Doesn’t Make Sense
One of the most important reasons to skip clone vape mods, is that there really isn’t a reason to get one. Most people aren’t choosing a clone because they expect to get the same performance, they’re buying it because they can save a few bucks and will just deal with whatever other hassles come with it. What they don’t know is that you can save a few bucks and not have to deal with the hassles of owning a counterfeit vape.
Instead of buying one of the many clone vape mods available, buy an authentic vape from a reputable online vape dealer like Elevated Vaping. Because there’s lower overhead and we’re able to order from manufacturers in significant quantities, you can get high-quality vapes you can count on while supporting the innovation that keeps the vaping community evolving. That’s something clones just can’t compete with.
Give Yourself A Better Vape Session
It’s time you had the best vaping equipment for great performance, tasty flavors, and plenty of thick clouds. That takes more reliability and quality than clone vape mods can provide. If you have any questions about our authentic gear or vaping supplies, contact our customer service team for additional information. Order your gear and e-liquid online from Elevated Vaping today.